Friday, April 12, 2024

2024 Stablemates Club Second Release: Wallowa

 


The SMC second release, Wallowa, is now available for members to order:





Wallowa (# B-CS-10033), designed by Lesli Kathman as a black varnish leopard Appaloosa, is presented on the SM Citation mold. Half of this run will be matte and the other half glossy. They ship randomly, so collectors won’t know which finish they received until they open the box. Here is the matte version of Wallowa:








The glossy version:








One thing that strikes me as odd is how elongated the model looks in Breyer’s photos. Perhaps it is just me. The ears look shorter and more rounded, but some of Breyer’s molds do lose definition over time. I am looking forward to getting him to see how he actually looks in hand. I am more of a matte finish fan, but I’m feeling neutral about which finish I get.




*Photos are from Breyer’s website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment